Call us on 01530223506 or contact us online to arrange an initial consultation about writing a Will.
Writing a Will is one of the most important things you will do.
Writing a Will will ensure that your estate will be distributed in accordance with your wishes after you die. Our specialist Will writing solicitors have extensive experience in preparing Wills to cover all circumstances.
There may be many reasons why you make a Will: to sort out funeral arrangements, to appoint a guardian for young children, to make sure that certain belongings go to certain people, to distribute your estate between certain individuals or your surviving spouse or partner.
Whether you have a complex estate or just want to make sure your family is taken care of after you die, we can make a Will to suit you.
Why use a solicitor to write your will?
- You can be confident of peace of mind. Having a solicitor draw up your Will need not be the most expensive way to do it and using a solicitor can give you the peace of mind that your Will has been drafted correctly and is not open to interpretation or challenge.
- You can be more confident there are no mistakes. A Will is an important legal document and if it is not drafted correctly then this can cause problems which could lead to unintentional financial consequences for your family. Without a valid Will the person is said to have died “Intestate” and the Intestacy Rules determine who can administer that person’s estate and how that person’s estate is distributed. It’s always best to consult a specialist Will Writing Solicitor for legal advice. Common problems with Wills, like using the wrong witnesses or forgetting to have it signed, could mean is invalid when you die. We will ensure that this does not happen.
- The complicated bits are done for you. The law surrounding inheritances (including Inheritance Tax and trusts) is complicated. We are familiar with the law and will be able to help you make the most effective choices.
What is the cost of making a will?
The answer varies depending on how complex your affairs are.
- A single will can cost between £150 and £200.
- A joint will for couples could cost between £200 and £300.
If your affairs are complex, such as involving trusts, we can provide a quote for you once we have discussed your circumstances and the work that may be involved.
Our Will Writing Solicitors can help protect your interests and the interests of your family so you have peace of mind for the future.
For further information or to arrange an appointment call us on 01530223506 or contact us online.